Once again, please find below a list of the eventful days ahead. The main sources are Unicredit’s Weekly Focus, Forex Trading weekly calendar, the EU’s general calendar, the EU’s national issuance calendar and many others, all of which I advise you to consult directly. I found Unicredit’s to be the most complete and accurate freely available one, so I present it to you below (many thanks to them and specially to Nikolaus Kei for compiling this). Look out for:
- Evolution of the design of the second Greek bail out post PSI.
- Meetings of the ECB Governing Council
- Trade data for Germany
This week expect the Greek PSI talks to evolve into negotiations further details of the second Greek adjustment programme. Some speculation over the outcome of the meeting of the ECB governing council, is also likely, although I do not expect any actual changes in its accommodating policy, nor a change in rates. It is also likely that German trade figures will continue to rise. Finally, do not expect many thrills from European sovereign debt markets, as neither Italy or Spain are to access them. The most interesting auction will come from Belgium on Friday:
Monday, Febuary 6:
- Bulgaria will auction BGN20Mn in 2 year bonds on Monday, February 6.
- Lithuania has scheduled to auction sovereign debt on Monday, February 6
Tueday, February 7:
- Denmark will auction two lines of bonds at 3 per cent and 4.5 per cent , with a maturity of 10 and 20 years (2021 and 2039) respectively on Tuesday, February 7.
- Malta will auction Sovereign debt bonds on Tuesday, February 7.
- The Netherlands will auction 10 year government bonds on Tuesday, February 7.
- The UK will auction £4 Bn in 5 year government bonds on Tuesday, February 7.
Wednesday, February 8
- Germany will auction €4 Bn in 5 year bonds on Wednesday, February 8.
- Sweden will auction SK 2.5 Bn in 10 year nominal bonds with a coupon of 3.5%, on Wednesday, February 8.
Thursday, February 9
- Hungary has scheduled to auction sovereign debt on Thursday, February 9.
- Sweden will auction SK 750 Mn in 10 year inflation-linked bonds with a coupon of 0.25%, on Thursday, February 9.
Friday, February 10
Have a good week!