Once again, please find below a list of the eventful days ahead. The main sources are Unicredit’s Weekly Focus, Forex Trading weekly calendar, the EU’s general calendar, the EU’s national issuance calendar and many others, all of which I advise you to consult directly. I found Unicredit’s to be the most complete and accurate freely available one, so I present it to you below (many thanks to them and specially to Nikolaus Kei for compiling this). Look out for:
- Data reports, particularly GDP on Wednesday and BoP on Friday
- Further details of ECB assistance to Greece
- Italian and Spanish vond auctions
This week I will be on the lookout for speeches or decisions from either the ECB, the EFSF or national governments, in relation to the statement made by Mr Draghi at the end of his press conference on Thursday. I will also be keeping an eye out for how markets will react to the Eurostat estimates of industrial production out on Monday, the flash estimates of GDP for Q42011 out on Wednesday and to the Balance of Payment figures out on Friday . Finally, it will be interesting to see how Italy and Spain perform in their sovereign debt auctions, in light of recent developments in their banking sectors and of the treatment bestowed on Greece.
Monday, February 13:
- Bulgaria is scheduled to auction €35 Bn in 5 year bonds maturing at the end of March 2016.
- Latvia is scheduled to auction € 15 Bn in 1 year bonds maturing in the middle of February 2013.
Tuesday, February 14:
- The Netherlands are scheduled to auction €3 Bn to €4 Bn in 5 year bonds.
- Italy is scheduled to auction 3 year bonds
Wednesday, February 15
- The Czech Republic was scheduled to auction between CZK6Bn and CZK9 Bn in (originally) 12 and 15 year bonds on Wednesday, February 15.
Thursday, February 16
- Spain is scheduled to auction government bonds on Thursday, February 16.
- France is scheduled to auction up to six different lines of bonds with a maturity of up to 15 years and worth over €10 Bn on Thursday, February 16.
- Hungary is scheduled to auction government bonds on Thursday, February 16.
- The UK is scheduled to auction government bonds at a 4.5% interest on Thursday, February 16.
Have a good week!