Once again, please find below a list of the eventful days ahead. The main sources are Unicredit’s Weekly Focus, Forex Trading weekly calendar, the EU’s general calendar, the EU’s national issuance calendar and many others, all of which I advise you to consult directly. I found Unicredit’s to be the most complete and accurate freely available one, so I present it to you below (many thanks to them and specially to Nikolaus Kei for compiling this). Look out for:
- M3 data releases for the Euro-Zone, on Tuesday
- Italy’s Government debt auction, on Tuesday
- The ECB’s second LTRO data, on Wednesday
- Euro-Zone CPI data for the Eurozone, on Thursday
- Spanish Government debt auction, on Thursday
Given the good results of the last Italian debt auctions, I believe that the focus is likely to be on the M3 monetary base data, the LTRO details and the CPI figures. The expectation, as described in the table above, is that M3 y/y (%) growth will slow, by 0.6 percentage points to 1%. The LTRO is expected to be around the same value as in December 23, 2011. As for the CPI the expectation is for it to be of the same level as before, at 2.6%.
Here are your sovereign debt auctions for the week:
Monday, February 27/02/2012:
- Belgium is scheduled to auction over €20 Bn in 3 lines of sovereign debt bonds spanning 5, 10 and 20 years.
- Lithuania is scheduled to auction debt.
Tuesday, February 28/02/2012:
Wednesday, February 29/02/2012:
- Czech Republic is scheduled to auction some government debt.
- Germany is scheduled auction €4 Bn in 10 year bonds with a 2% coupon.
Thursday, February 01/03/2012:
- Spain is scheduled to auction 3 lines of sovereign debt with 2, 3 and 4 years maturities.
- France is scheduled to auction between €7 Bn and €8 Bn in sovereign bonds with 5 and 14 years maturities.
- Romania is scheduled to auction government bonds of an undisclosed amount and maturity.
- UK is scheduled to auction government bonds maturing in 2022, at a 4% coupon.
Have a good week!
- Week Ahead Calendar: 20/01/2012 to 27/01/2012 – Schedules and Optimism
- Week Ahead Calendar: 20/01/2012 to 27/01/2012 – Schedules and Hopes